Friday, July 27, 2012

Swollen foot.

Luke dropped a can of tomatoes on my foot this morning. Not the tomato paste size either. The biggest size whole tomato kinda can. It hurt. I cried. Luke thought I was laughing at first. He got so excited and laughed too. Then he realized I wasn't rocking back and forth and holding my foot cause I was happy. He got so concerned. He stopped laughing and crawled over and patted me while babbling in a soothing way. It was almost worth the hurt foot to see him do something so cute. Almost.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE living in the city? It fills a little spot in my heart I didn't even know was empty. Running errands is an adventure every day. We had to get Luke's health insurance sorted out today. The office is downtown so Luke and I walked there. It was fun to finally go into one of the big high-rise office buildings. It was fun to have the doorman make us sign in and then tell us to take the elevator to the 15th floor. It was fun to look down on the roofs (rooves? Roovi?) once we got up there. I wonder if the novelty will ever wear off?
We went to the opening of Anthropologie in Harbor East after that. It was amazing. It's a huge store and it's laid out in a really cool way. I think that with the exception of the Anthro at Rockefeller Center it's the prettiest one I've seen. I have a feeling that we're going to be spending lots of time there browsing.
We rode the bus home and I came to the reluctant realization that this stroller is just not practical for the city. Some bus drivers let me keep it open on the bus, but most make me fold it up. There is absolutely no way to fold it while holding Luke and whatever bags I have stowed away in the bottom. Plus it's huge, so I can't carry it one handed. I have to rely on strangers to help me every time. I think that we might to need to get one of those cheapy umbrella strollers for any time I suspect we'll be using transit. Of course, it is fun seeing how kind people are. I have yet to ride a bus and not have several strangers offer to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...